This week on Programming Leadership we discuss “getting real” about software projects.
- Leadership is creating an environment where everyone can contribute.
- We can’t say yes to something until we can honestly say no to something.
- Look for the good and the bad in the retrospective of a project. Document lessons learned.
- Stop trying to be perfect in front of your boss and colleagues. It’s okay not to know the answer and to be imperfect.
- Just because you can’t get a perfect estimate, doesn’t mean you don’t know something important.
- Why you must learn to say “No” to have better discussions
Spread the love!
If you enjoyed the episode, please consider sharing it with a few friends who might find it useful. Thanks!
P.S. Are you exhausted from being in the middle of every project? Are you ready to become a more thoughtful, insightful software manager? The Software Leader Seminar might be for you. Our next session is launching on May 20th, 2019. You can learn more here: https://marcusblankenship.com/software-leader-seminar-2019/