I’m reading a few books right now, so I thought I’d share in case you were looking for new ideas.
- The Fearless Organization – Amy Edmondson – A primer on Psychological Safety, why you need it, and how to get it.
- The Fifth Discipline and the Fifth Discipline Fieldbook– Peter Senge. How to create an organization that continually learns.
- Thinking in Systems – Donella Meadows – A primer on systems thinking, giving you new perspectives into the world around you, and how your team builds software.
- Dialogue: The Art of Thinking Together – William Issacs – How dialogue is different from a discussion, and clear, practical rules for learning to talk (and think!) together.
- On Dialogue – David Bohm – Theoretical quantum physicist David Bohm’s ideas about thought, language, and dialogue.
I’m also digging into material from the Human Systems Dynamics Institute – lots of free stuff and webinars from their mailing list.
I’m also working on my book, working with a new client, and writing a New Manager Training Program based on some of my favorite books.
What are you reading these days?